Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Biography for Environmental Science
I am Karmae Zitzner and for my Environmental Science class I get to write blogs pertaining to the material we are learning in class. My first blog however gets to be a biography. I was born in Corpus Christy, Texas in 1991 making me 22 year of age. I have lived in many place including Navado, Tahoe, Sacramento, Wrightwood, Rancho Cucamonga, and Riverside. I currently live on my own, I work full time as a barista at a local hospital. I have a pet Weimaraner named Sophie; I worked with her for 3 months in obedience training and she isn't always the most obedient, but she is the best dog I could ever hope to have. I also have a boyfriend who is super cute and is a creative writing major. I really love spending time hiking with my dog; I trained her to hike off leash and it is very relaxing taking a hike with her. I also really enjoy drinking tea and coffee, sometimes paired with a good book.
I am going to school to major in Accounting. I plan on getting my bachelors and then taking my CPA, which stands for certified public accountant, exam. I plan to work in hopefully a corporate setting. I do not know which section of accounting I want to work in seeing as I like a lot of the different sections, but as I study more I know I will find which I like, I am leaning towards payroll accounting. I am taking this environmental science class in all honesty because I need some science units for my associates and this class happened to not have a lab included, which makes things easier on me with work, but I am excited to learn about environmental science anyways and am confident I will come out of the class learning something valuable.
For this assignment we also were required to take an assessment on our ecological footprint. An ecological footprint is basically the amount of land it would take to provide resources and assimilate waste for a person or society. My ecological footprint was 4.5 earths to provide for me. The largest parts of my footprint are food and services. According to my assessment, I could cut down on animal food products to cut down on global acres. Using products that use less packaging or are 100% post consumer would also help my lifestyle cut down. Also, I could use solar panels and more energy efficient appliances as well to cut down my footprint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment